Tuesday 12 March 2013

A Risky Business


A couple of weeks ago the Post Office delivered a package containing the board games Risk and Cluedo. This gave my daughter and I the opportunity to have a game of Risk over the weekend.  Having been a good while since I played and my nine year old only played once before during the summer holidays we started at a leisurely pace planning to fit the game in around  our other weekend activities.  I fact we got so involved in the game I almost forgot to pick up the car from the garage where it was having its MOT!



Over a few sessions throughout the weekend we slogged away at one and other until she managed to meet the victory conditions of destroying a neutral army, resulting in the ignominy of defeat for me. Needless to say she was ecstatic at beating her Dad. This is not something I am going to live down anytime soon.



She also expressed an interest in coming along to Salute next month.  I am some what concerned about having opened a Pandora's box of some description! 

2 comments: