Sunday 19 July 2015

Flight Stands For Check Your Six

This afternoon  I have  completed my first batch of home made in to the world of flight Stands.
It has taken  a fair bit of trial and error so I'll  outline the process, 


The components   required  for each stand are as follows :  an antenna,  I used a
37.5cm 6 section telescopic antenna to reflect the six Combat Altitude Levels  in Check your Six.  On the  top  of the  antenna   the is a ball bearing with  a   2cm length of brass tube  soldered to it.  This  ball and female socket  was attached to  the aerial with a   length of  rubber  tube ( from a fish tank air filter.)  the base consists of an  50mm Hex base with a Raiden Miniatures base glued to it for  a little extra weight.  The aerial has a screw  on the end of it which screws into the Hex base for extra strength.   



 Finally  a 5mm dice  frame holder  was  glued onto  the base to hold a D6 to indicate the speed.
 

Each of my fighter aircraft  had a male brass rod  attached to the underside.  Then could be inserted  into ball joint on the end of the aerial.  This allows us  to represent  the pitch and yawl of an aircraft in flight. 


 The final picture here  is a Bf109e  bouncing a Hurricane MK1 , which  I put together  to ensure  the the stands  worked as  I hoped.

I hope you like  them  and  Now  I can't wait to get a coat of paint onto them  and get them into action.



2 comments: